Sunday 6 July 2014

LOG KYA KAHENGE

Hey friends, I am back here again with my third post and this time the thought is very interesting. As you can well read above the topic, it might sound funny to most but this is the most commonly used phrase in our society. So yes our society, The Great Indian Society is a major setback for most of us. Since childhood I have been restricted to lot many things because my family was always bothered by what others would think about me. They never gave importance to what I feel, what I think and what I want.

I suppose everyone of us would have faced "log kya kahenge" atleast once in our lives . If I talk about myself then I would describe myself as a very outgoing and outspoken sort of a person, so it has happened a zillion times with me. In our society it is not acceptable for a girl to be very friendly with  guys and if she is then she is considered to be loose or maybe  a slut to be more frank. I too have a bunch of friends(all boys) in my college and yes I know people do percieve me in a negative manner. WHY ???? Can't a girl and a guy be just friends? A girl knowing or hanging around alone with guys simply does not make her characterless.

 No matter how modern our society has become, but the mindset is still the same. Modernization does not come with clothes but with modern thoughts. The ultimate aim should be to modernize our outlook rather than the way we look. Moreover, all the parents expect their children to either become doctors or engineers. Indians do not consider any other profession equally respectable. If a girl wishes to enter the film industry then people look at her with bad eyes and tend to bad mouth about her."She must be involved with her co-stars", "she must have gone through casting couch" etc etc....these are the thoughts that strike people's minds. Parents bombard a lot of questions...Shaadi kaise hogi?... Relatives ko kya bolenge?..and to convince them is like climbing the Mount Everest. The society doesn’t want girls to enter the corporate sector as the timings are variant and suit only the male counterparts.

It is we who constitute the “LOG” so if we stop thinking about what others think, the change will be visible.

The aim of this post is not to demean the society of which we are a part but to ask everyone to not just modernise the way they look but also the way they think.

LOG KYA KAHENGE has killed many more dreams than anything else in this world. Now the choice is yours!

4 comments:

  1. Society and its false manipulations !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Said. ! But please consider few points, there is no fume without fire..India society has though picked up modernisation with western clothing,cars & all other materialistic things but for thought process to change it takes ages and revolutions. We can not simply blame our elders and guardians if they want their kids to be safe..., when the world around if FULL OF UNKNOWN devils & we listen to so many mis happenings each day ... What do you think, you can judge someone good & bad in couple of years? Then I am Sorry...:)

    When there is transformation in society with one class moving fast & the gap keeps on moving more and more rather shrinking...How come you expect people to mature OVER A DAY ..

    Its the beginning of life for you .. It does not matter how many guys & gals you have a s friend... In lifetime there is limited time, when you say you have many friends .. time comes when you test them out.. rest all for networking,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Follow your Dreams ! One came in this world alone & exit alone..You have come in this world to live up to your expectations first... so do it..

    I am there , Krishna is there...............Jai Shri Krishna

    ReplyDelete
  4. The society fetters us with ways inumerable..its we who need to liberate ourselves with self determining goals.
    ideas and aspirations cant be captured need to Dream it to Do it.

    ReplyDelete